Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Don Stockman (59) On WIBW

      Don Stockman of Rossville managed to escape injury after sliding into a bit of trouble on Tuesday morning. Don  was mowing near his pond around 10:00 a.m.   
      Don and his tractor were about a foot from the edge and before Don could back up of the mud, it was too late. The tractor was stuck and the mower was in the water.
   
      Neighbors loading hay spotted his predicament and called for help. Then they rushed over with another tractor to pull Don and his equipment to safety.
   
      "I knew I was in trouble because I was going forward and sliding backwards and the bank was caving away. I wasn't having a good thought, but I'm here. Thanks to you people and everybody else. I'm here," said Stockman.
   
      Don is safe and ended his mowing for the day, at least along the pond!
      You can see video of Don at:  http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/Tractor-driver-avoids-injury-sliding-into-pond-319088831.html

No comments:

Post a Comment