Sunday, November 5, 2017

Rossville Rattlers Cease Operations

We posted the news this morning on Facebook, we’ve decided to cease operations of the Rossville Rattlers.
For those who don’t know, I’ve been involved with the Rattlers since their inception in late 2011. It has been a wild ride through six seasons of summer collegiate baseball, but we all agreed as a whole it was time to move on.
There is an old saying, “Only Nixon would go to China”. That’s how I felt about the initial idea of putting a team in Rossville, “Only Brett Cowdin would go to Rossville.” The man had a dream and he was right about it, it worked! We had a successful team in Rossville, it was a year-round job though; one that could be very consuming.
When Brett passed away in November of 2013, I remember thinking this whole dream was over. Luckily we had some damn amazing people to help get things in order and steer this ship in the right direction. I am immensely grateful and thankful that I had these people around.
Tobi CowdinKatie RalstonMarcie Cowdin, Bruce Cowdin, Tiffany LangerJim GormanMakaila CowdinBarbara Cowdin, Maisie Cowdin, Jaxon Cowdin, Natalie Whitt, Craig Thornburg, Lisa ThornburgJacob Thornburg, Hailey Thornburg, Perry Foster, Alan Foster, Ann Foster, Amelia Foster, Jason Leathers, Nicole Farr-Leathers, McGwyre Leathers, Ryan Leathers, Ronnie Bailey, Braedyn ForkenbrockMichaela ForkenbrockJayda Forkenbrock, Lou “Paps” King, Travis Van Vleck, Christy McKenzie, Steve Alfrey, Karen AlfreyDan GlotzbachLaurie King Glotzbach, Doug Leonard, Anita Leonard, Dan Fischer, Connie Fischer, Rod Brown, Brenda Brown, Tony Eakin, Toby Brown, and I know I’ve forgotten some!
That is what it took. They try to give me too much credit, but that list is the essence of #Venom.
Thank you all for everything. It was an amazing ride and I’m glad I was part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment