Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Isaiah Luellen Most Inspirational In Kansas

From the Capital-Journal:

Rossville senior wrestler Isaiah Luellen was honored as the Best of Kansas Preps most inspirational athlete of the year.
A 3-2-1A state champion as a junior, Luellen endured a series of offseason knee surgeries that not only left his senior season in doubt, but his future in the sport period as doctors told him he might not wrestle again.
Luellen not only fought his way back to the mat, but completed an emotional 23-0 senior season for his second straight 160-pound title.
“I’m just so happy with all that God has blessed me with throughout my wrestling career,” Luellen said. “I can’t be more thankful for it.”
As if the physical setbacks weren’t a big enough hurdle, Luellen also dealt with the mental burden of seeing his coach, mentor and friend, Cody Lambotte, battle with ALS.
“I’ve looked up to Cody Lambotte all my life,” Luellen said. “He’s just been such a good role model and has helped me on the mat, off the mat, with my faith. He’s one of the reasons I’m where I’m at today. I can’t thank him enough.”
For a photo of Isaiah and the complete article of Kansas athletes, go to:
http://www.cjonline.com/sports/20180619/vitztum-putz-named-best-of-kansas-preps-athletes-of-year-rossvilles-luellen-receives-most-inspirational-award

No comments:

Post a Comment