Sunday, May 26, 2019

Rossville Dominates In 100 M

Rossville senior Trevor Johnson knew that he and sophomore Woodrow Rezac could put together a strong performance at state in the 2A boys 100-meter dash.
In fact, Johnson floated that suggestion to his teammate long before state.
“When we started training this year, I told him that I was going to win it and I wanted him right behind me,” Johnson said.
That’s exactly how things turned out at Cessna Stadium, with Johnson winning in 11.02 seconds and Rezac finishing second in 11.20.
“We’ve been pushing each other all year long trying to get first and second, and it’s nice that we finally reached that goal,” Johnson said. “I get my name up on the wall (as a state champ) and I’m waiting on him to do it next year.”
Rezac easily surpassed the very modest goal he set entering the race.
“To be honest, I didn’t want to get last,” he said. “I knew I was pretty close to Trevor and I tried to beat him. I didn’t, but second’s second and I’m not going to argue.”
Rezac picked up a state title and Johnson got his second gold later in the day when the Bulldawgs teamed with senior Benjamin Price and sophomore Tyree Sowers to win the 400 relay in 43.98.

No comments:

Post a Comment