Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Rossville 4 Yr Old A Hero

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) — Heroes come to the rescue just in the nick of time. That is what a Rossville girl did this weekend by saving her dad’s life at just 4-years-old. Her quick actions now have her family calling her a true hero.
Shawn Barnard was at his parent’s home on Indiana Avenue in Topeka on Saturday, when the unthinkable happened in his parent’s driveway. Family members say Shawn Barnard was working on his wife’s car which was parked in his parent’s driveway when it fell right on top of him.
“It was almost like a dream state, I kept trying to wake myself up but I kept falling asleep,” Shawn Barnard said.
Cecilia Barnard, who is Shawn’s 4-year-old daughter, was riding her bike in the front yard, when she heard her mother’s scream to her dad being crushed by a car.
“She ran inside and told my dad, dad needs help he is under the car,” Shawn Barnard said.
“I ran out here and got the jack and we was able to get the jack and after we were able to get the jack up high I grabbed his head and his wife Ariel took his legs,” Ralph Barnard, Cecilia’s grandfather said.
“I woke up and remembered my dad telling me to breathe and his wife calling and talking to 911,” Shawn Barnard said.
After Shawn was pulled from underneath the car. He was then taken to the hospital.
Shawn’s dad credits Cecilia for her speedy action that led to saving his son’s life.
“My granddaughter is a true hero,” Ralph Barnard said.
“Now, everybody shows me she really is the hero because I don’t think I would be here if it was for her,” Shawn Barnard said.

Shawn Barnard was released from the hospital on Sunday morning. His parents tell KSNT News Shawn was working on cars in the afternoon after he was released.

Video can be seen at:  http://ksnt.com/2016/07/25/four-year-old-saves-her-father/

No comments:

Post a Comment