Saturday, April 24, 2021

Ninety Yr Old Betty Lambotte Still Teaches

 ROSSVILLE, Kan. (WIBW) - The pawprints that lead to Rossville Grade School head towards a classroom that makes every student feel welcome thanks in part to paraprofessional, Betty Lambotte.

“I love children and I love helping people and I could just see a need,” she said.

She has worked with the Kaw Valley School District for over 25 years.

“I started out with the preschoolers and I just felt a need to be there.”

It took some convincing from a district official all those years ago to take on   the job.

The condition, at the time, was that she would only work half days, which did not last long.

“I had seen half days for two weeks and I’ve never seen another half day since [the official] won that’s what happened, she won,” she recalled.

To read the rest of the article and watch a special video about Betty go to:     https://www.wibw.com/2021/04/13/salute-our-heroes-betty-lambotte-helps-students-reach-their-goals-at-rossville-grade-school/

No comments:

Post a Comment