Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Cole Schumacher At Emporia State

From Top Sports News

 Even though Cole Schumacher was a key contributor on back-to-back state championship teams at Rossville, he had to start all over again when he joined the Emporia State football team as a walk-on in the fall of 2017.

ColeSchumacherEmporia State six-year senior receiver Cole Schumacher is excited to have one last season in a Hornet uniform this fall. [Photo courtesy of Emporia State Athletics]

Fast forward to 2022 and the 6-foot-1, 193-pound six-year senior wide receiver is getting set to wrap up a very solid college career that has made Schumacher, as well as ESU head coach Garin Higgins, very proud. 

"He's earned everything that he's got here,'' Higgins said. "I saw him in camp the summer before his senior year and thought he did a good job and I remember going to see him at Rossville High School and talking to him about walking on. I think sometimes you can tell whether or not a kid really cares about Emporia State and I could tell that he did at that time and he wanted to be a part of our football sprogram.

"We gave him an opportunity and he's made the best of it.''

Schumacher, Emporia State's second-leading receiver in 2021 with 40 receptions for 406 yards and three touchdowns, is also proud of what he's been able to accomplish in a Hornet uniform.

"As a Hornet one of our sayings, part of our DNA, is, 'We earn everything,' and I really took that to heart and I've been able to earn the things I've been given here,'' Schumacher said. "I'm very grateful for it and it's exciting. I'm very proud of it.''

To read the complet0 article, go to:

https://www.topsports.news/2279-former-dawg-schumacher-goes-from-walk-on-to-weapon-for-esu

No comments:

Post a Comment